The Rollins Urban & Structural Entomology Facility is a part of the Department of Entomology at Texas A&M University in College Station, Texas. Our program’s objectives are to:
- Discover the basic biological and ecological parameters that limit the growth of insect pests in urban environments.
- Develop, implement and evaluate biological control systems as part of an integrated pest management program.
- Develop, implement and evaluate IPM technologies involving pesticides for management of urban pests.
- Develop and implement a technology transfer system based on the stated objectives.
We also provide training programs for pest control personnel throughout the year. Below is a list of those training programs.
- Pest Management Conference & Workshop
- Phillip J. Hamman Termite Control and Training School
- TAMU Correspondence Course in Termite Biology & Control
We are also pleased to be a partner in the USDA’s National Formosan Subterranean Termite Program.